Since Fall is right around the corner, I have decided to start making some yummy soups for dinner. I love fall and I love soup! Today, it is a nice day, its mid to upper 70's but there is a cool breeze, and there is an overcast, my favorite kind of weather. Today, for lunch we had my husbands grandmother, Carolyn, over for lunch, and I made us some chicken and dumpling soup with a grilled ham and cheese sandwich, with coffee of course. We both looove us some coffee! So here are just a few recipes of the soups I make for fall and winter. They are so good and since Iam always busy and dont have time to spend hours in the kitchen these are also very, very, im serious, very simple recipes!
- Made in crockpot: low for 4 hours
- 1 Bag of frozen hashbrowns (i use the shredded hashbrowns)
- 3 Cans of chicken broth
- 2-3 Cans of cream of chicken (i use more since we are big family)
- cook for 4 hours then add a pack of cream cheese-cubed
- Turn on high for 1 more hour
- top with cheese, bacon bits, and you must have breadsticks!
Chicken and Dumplings
- 1 Lb. of chicken
- 2 Can of cream of chicken soup-undiluted
- 2 Cans of Cream of celery-undiluted
- 2 Cans of Cream of mushroom-undiluted
- 2 Can of chicken broth
- 2 Can of biscuits
Boil chicken, shred or diced to your liking. Put back in pot, but pour out most of the water, leaving just enough to cover the chicken. Add all the ingredients, cook to a boil, lower heat. Add biscuits in small ball sizes. Cook on low for 10 mins, stirring constantly to prevent sticking to the bottom of pot.
- 1 Lb. of ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 of a med. size onion
- 2 Cans of Tomato Sauce (15 oz.)
- 2 or 3 cans of chili beans or pinto beans
- 1 can of diced tomatos
- 2 Cans of water
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 package of mild chili seasoning
Brown meat and add all the ingredients to a pot and heat up until it gets hot!
- 1 Lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 onion-chopped
- 3 cans of chili beans-undrained
- 1 can whole tomatos
- 1 can of corn-undrained
- 1 can tomato sauce (8oz.)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Cheese to top
Brown meat with onions, add all ingredients. Boil then simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Top with cheese.
I hope you enjoy these yummy recipes!