Pages

Friday, February 27, 2009

Taco Casserole



Ok, so last night I wanted to make enchiladas, I had just gone to the store to get tortillas, since we hadnt had them in awhile. Well, while Im cooking the meat, I realized I didnt have the enchilada sauce........so, I just got creative with the ingredients I did have and I made a taco casserole thing. I have never made one and I have never even seen one. So I just started throwing things together and it turned out so good! Everyone in my house loved it! It will now become apart of our family meals.


Here is the recipe:

1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 package of taco seasoning
1 can of refried beans
8 tortillas (the smaller ones)
1 lb. of cheese (or less, we like cheese at my house)


Preheat oven to 350, brown meat, add taco seasoning. In a casserole dish or any baking pan, spray bottom to prevent sticking. Lay down two tortillas on bottom, spread a little bit of beans on top, sprinkle some meat on top of beans, sprinkle a little bit of cheese, then lay two tortillas on top, then repeat process. the last two tortillas on top i just sprinkled cheese on top. Then pop in the oven for about 10 mins or until cheese on top is melted.



Estimated time was about 30 mins. Very easy to make and you can always add other ingredients, such as sour cream, salsa, or guacamole. I just kept it simple this time as an experiment.


No comments: