Pages

Monday, February 23, 2009

Time to get in shape!

So, today I started working out, to get in shape for a healthier me, but also to prepare myself to run a 5k in April. My life goal has always been to run a marathon, however, that will take awhile to accomplish that goal. So, Im just taking it slow for now and I'll start with the 5k. Another one of my goals is to loose a few pounds as well. We will be going on vacation in a few weeks and I would love to loose 5-10 pounds before we leave. My husband being the most fit and in shape person i know, is going to help me with this. He will be joining me soon at the gym to help me with a workout plan. He goes to the gym every morning but he goes to a different gym at OU. I will keep this blog updated on my progress.
Today I did the eliptical for 20 mins, which is great for me, since I do not like the eliptical at all! Then I ran/walked on the treadmil for 25 mins. I wanted to work out my arms and abs but I was so exhausted by the time I finished with the treadmill, I just gave up and called it a day. I will be heading back on wednesday to sweat some more!

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Good for you! And it is great that your hubby is helping!